Formic Armored Weapon Carrier
The Formic is a tankette-sized vehicle used by the Custodians, but piloted by Peons. Like most units operated by them, the Formics were designed as cheap, easily replaced fodder units that can be deployed in large numbers. Even so, Formics are fast, easily transported, and can be armed with a variety of weapons; all advantages that point to effectiveness on the battlefield.
Version 03 (Upcoming):
- Much more improved version.
- Improved printer proofing: Less area needing supports, making the printing process easier for low end 3D printers.
- Tolerance proofing: Every printer print with different tolerance; ribs are added at connections for easy tolerance adjustments.
- Main Gun
Scale: To print in different scale without loss of details, simply swap your printer’s nozzle.
- 1:56 with 0.4mm nozzle (default)
- 1:120 with 0.2mm nozzle
- 1:100 with 0.2mm nozzle
- 1:72 with 0.3mm or 0.35mm nozzle
- 1:48 with 0.5mm, 0.55mm or 0.6mm nozzle
- 1:35 with 0.4mm or 0.5 mm nozzle
General 3D Printing Recommendation
- Layers thickness: 0.1mm will give a print quality similar to injection molding. 0.15mm layers will still give a decent looking model.
- Support options: Important! Choose options on your printer that allow the easiest support removal. Options varies from printers to printer, and depends on material: Choose the best one for your printer, use smaller parts as test
- Soluble Support: Not needed. Single extruder printer will suffice.
- Fitting: The fits between parts may me looser or tighter depending on the printer.
- Too tight: Sand or trim the connectors
- Too Loose: Create small bulges using a woodburner pen to create a better fit, or simply Glue the parts together.
- Heated bed and enclosure are strongly recommended for good part quality if printing with ABS.
- Glass bed with slurry recommended for consistent quality
- Current version of the files may differ slightly from the pictures.