Moving Parts: 12 articulations!
- Shield ring
- 3 Legs
- 3 joints.
Version 03 (Upcoming):
- Much more improved version.
- Improved printer proofing: Less area needing supports, making the printing process easier for low end 3D printers.
- Tolerance proofing: Every printer print with different tolerance; ribs are added at connections for easy tolerance adjustments.
- Tighter fit at the joints and connectors
General 3D Printing Recommendation
- Layers thickness: 0.1mm will give a print quality similar to injection molding. 0.15mm layers will still give a decent looking model.
- Support options: Important! Choose options on your printer that allow the easiest support removal. Options varies from printers to printer, and depends on material: Choose the best one for your printer, use smaller parts as test
- Soluble Support: Not needed. Single extruder printer will suffice.
- Fitting: The fits between parts may me looser or tighter depending on the printer.
- Too tight: Sand or trim the connectors
- Too Loose: Create small bulges using a woodburner pen to create a better fit, or simply Glue the parts together.
- Heated bed and enclosure are strongly recommended for good part quality if printing with ABS.
- Glass bed with slurry recommended for consistent quality
- Current version of the files may differ slightly from the pictures.